RSP offers highly experienced representation in connection with structuring and growing a franchise. We are proud of our established, long-term relationships with franchise clients located across the United States.
Our firm offers counsel for all aspects of the franchise business, from advising whether a franchise system is the best fit for a client, reviewing franchise disclosure documents and agreements, to increasing the franchise network, and protecting the franchise brand.
Representing franchise clients offers similar counsel to other business types in encountering legal disputes, such as breach of contract, employment law concerns, landlord-tenant matters, copyright and trademark issues, among others. We help our franchise clients resolve disputes with employees, independent contractors, customers, and other business entities as efficiently as possible. When our clients seek to avoid litigation, we offer advice through alternative dispute resolution methods, including mediation or arbitration.
Counseling franchisees demands a wide range of experience and knowledge in multiple practice areas. RSP is confident in providing those legal services to ensure our clients’ business needs are addressed including employment, tax, bankruptcy, leasing, other real estate matters, mergers and acquisition, litigation, finance, business and succession planning, contract review and negotiations, environmental, and other general counsel concerns.
RSP’s full-service franchise practice includes, among others, the following:
- Structuring and negotiating franchise and licensing agreements
- Negotiating and drafting leases
- Obtaining permits and licenses
- Planning for expansion
- Recovering for fraud claims
- Counseling on breach of all franchise agreements
- Registration of trademarks, copyright, and advertising
- Defending claims for franchise fees and royalties
- Defending actions to enforce non-competition agreements
- Developing single franchise programs, master franchise programs, and sub franchise programs
- Preparing all documentation for joint ventures
- Preparing Uniform Franchise Offering Circulars (UFOCs) and other federal and state filings
- Handling all general counsel matters