- Client Representation
- News & Publications
Laurie A. Montplaisir concentrates her practice in the areas of finance, secured lending, corporate transactions, participations and workouts, and business acquisition and sales, with an emphasis in the asset based lending and factoring industry. She has significant experience in due diligence, purchase agreements, financing documentation, forbearance and workout documents, and inter-creditor agreements. Laurie represents small to middle market service and manufacturing businesses in various life-cycle phases. She also frequently serves as outside general counsel on a myriad of legal issues related to business formation and structuring, financing, contract negotiation and drafting, transactional matters, employment matters, general business needs, and litigation.
Laurie is the Founder of the International Factoring Association (IFA) Midwest Chapter established October 2018. She often is a lecturer for the IFA, conducting webinars and seminars, and participating as a legal moderator at annual conference legal panels.
- Advised private and publicly traded companies in establishing and maintaining factoring operations, including drafting of all factoring documentation, establishing operations and procedures and compliance with best practices.
- Counseled factoring clients in negotiating and documenting multi-million dollar bank credit facilities.
- Represented a prominent regional bank in negotiating and documenting a credit facility to a factoring customer.
- Advised clients regarding litigation matters related to breach of contract, fraud and the fraudulent transfer of assets.
- Represented a manufacturing client in connection with the acquisition of several businesses, including conducting due diligence, negotiation and drafting of various acquisition documents and employment, consulting and non-competition agreements.
- Negotiated, drafts and reviews client and vendor contracts for various service industries clients.
- Represented a manufacturing client in sale of business to publicly traded foreign company, including the negotiation and drafting of various sale documents and resolution of issues among equity owners related to the sale.
- Represented clients in issuing non-consolidated opinions and true sale opinions in connection with a wide variety of commercial paper and asset securitization programs in diverse types of financial assets.