March 13, 2020
RSP values your continued loyalty and shares your concerns about the health and safety of our employees, clients, and visitors during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are committed to being responsive to the needs of our employees and clients as the situation evolves and are taking the following extra precautions to keep all individuals, families, businesses, and communities safe:
- We have developed contingency plans to ensure we can provide continuous client service and protect our personnel’s health.
- We are following all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization recommendations including enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of all public areas and workspaces, especially frequently touched surfaces and heavily trafficked areas.
- We are requiring any staff member or attorney who is experiencing symptoms of illness or has recently traveled to high-risk areas to stay home.
- We have developed additional guidelines regarding domestic and international employee travel.
- We have the IT infrastructure in place that will allow our attorneys and staff to provide services to our clients remotely should RSP’s offices need to close.
- We understand that you may prefer not to visit us in person if you have a meeting scheduled and are happy to make other arrangements to meet online or by phone.
- We will continue to monitor and adapt our plans daily.
RSP remains your trusted resource to help you meet any business needs through this uncertain time. If you have any questions or would like to discuss RSP’s safety measures, the potential effects the virus may have on your business, or your own business continuity plan, please contact me or your RSP attorney.
Andrew M. Sachs
Chief Operating Officer